The striker has been out with a hamstring injury first suffered against Manchester City on September 30 but he’s made a swift recovery and is in contention to feature against the Italians this week.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has confirmed the striker, who has scored six Premier League goals and one in the Champions League so far this season, is very much in his thinking for the Group C tie.
“Alvaro is in contention for tomorrow’s game,” Morata said in his pre-match press conference.
His appearance back in the matchday squad was then virtually confirmed by team-mate Marcos Alonso, who revealed the Spain international had been back in training and looking good.
“Alvaro is ready,” Alonso said. “He has been training very well. I don’t know if he’ll be in the ...